Time stands still for you


There are days and times we share I cannot spend,


Times and clocks I choose whichever way round,

I tussle with nooks and crannies so profound,

I know they are as empty as a tiny pin-drop sound.


I cherish my love and resent the love-sick sickness,

I ran away with God but He has no feet to follow,

I sing in tune to both our lives will it turn back around?  

Will we save our ever-last stand?


Now time is standing still for us,

A hallway of memories like a painting gallery,

Feelings and emotions swelling up like the Pacific Ocean,

How well we counted on each other’s hand,

Counting blessings and singing of me twice,

Knowing you are only the one I love,

From now until the end of time. 


I wonder how far time will pass,

Before we ever say a word again in unison,

Again I am cornered like a lost sheep found,




Tick-tock my heart sings a lullaby 
goodbye,

Rikety and shaky my table drops its papers. 


Time stands still when I look at you,

My heart stops still when I think of you,

Eyes close shut when I breathe you in,

Time stands still for you.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discrimination

In Wake of Ankara and Brussels Attacks March 2016